The Building Process
We are going to show you how easy it is to build your new home and how you can help make the process easy and enjoyable. You will be able to see why Construction By Design is the best choice for you to get the home you have always dreamt of.
The key to our success is our commitment to every client we take on board. You get Joseph and Lewin’s (The Owners) phone numbers right from the start and any time you have a question you get to deal directly with them.
Once you have made the decision to build it’s our job to make it simple and enjoyable. The process is broken down as follows:
When the dreams start to take some shape
- Find your land to build your new house (if you don’t already have it). In some cases, we may be able to assist in finding you a block or helping you assess which block is best for you if you are considering a number of blocks.
- Pick your house design from one of our standard designs or talk to us about a custom designed home for you. There are NO additional costs for a custom designed home so don’t worry if the standard designs don’t suit you. We have a meeting to discuss all your wants and needs of your home and to gain a full understanding of what you are looking for. At this point we will also ask you about your budget to fully understand what you are trying to achieve and to make sure we are giving you the best and most accurate advice.
- Collate the required information for you home including the Registered Plan for the land, Estate Developer Guidelines (if any), Soils Report and Proof of Ownership.
- We discuss the inclusions you want in your home and any plan changes. We may end up adjusting your plans a few times to get what you want before providing you with a quote, however this is completely normal.
- We will present you with a range of inclusions, which comprises all the items that are included in your home. We also highlight any special features or requests within the tender.
- A design fee of $2,500 is payable on your acceptance to proceed with Construction By Design. This design fee is charged to cover the work involved in siting one of our standard plans on your site or creating a custom floor plan to suit you. The above mentioned design fee is non-refundable.
The list of everything included in your home
- We present the preliminary plans for you to review. The completed design sketch typically consists of a site plan, ground floor, first floor and front facade only.
- On completion of the design presentation, a refinement of the design may be required to better suit your needs. The design team will continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied with your new home design.
Copyright note: the design and any plans and sketches produced remains the property of Construction By Design. Any copying or replication without prior approval is strictly prohibited.
- Once design has been finalised we provide you with a indicative cost of your completed home.
- On approval of preliminary plans and costing a non-refundable plan preparation is payable should you which to proceed with DA/CDC approval. This fee will be deducted from your final contract price.
You are happy and it’s time to start building
- Sign the Master Builders Contracts, Final Building Specifications and Final Plans.
- This along with the plans and specifications is all the information your financial institution will need to arrange your loan approval.
- Once contracts are signed, the plan will then be lodged to council or certifying authority.
- You get to go shopping as we start the selection process. This includes choosing your colour schemes, appliances, plumbing items, electrical items and many more selections that will be put in your new home.
The last of the paperwork
- Sign final selection documents
- Sign final building application for council
Sit back, relax and we will keep in touch with you throughout the construction of your new home.
For us to help you, the more information you provide the better we can assist you, however there are no rules.
Some people know exactly what they want and have all the answers, whereas others have a few sketches or ideas drawn on a piece of paper. Just bring what you have and we will be able to work from there.
Come visit us at our Display Home located in the new Homequest Kellyville.